Outfits inspired by TV characters: Pt 1


Hello everyone!

How are you? I love making outfits for people so today I was on Pinterest and I saw a bunch of clothes that (according to me) would definitely be worn by a certain Tv character. Well, I've been watching Gilmore Girls, and I decided to do a few outfits inspired by Lorelai Gilmore, and show the photo which inspired me. With out further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Outfits inspired by TV characters: Pt 1.



1. Red Sweater and blazer: So Lorelai wears her leather blazer very often, and with various different t-shirts, dresses and jumpers. She also wears the colour red very often, particularly in this red turtleneck. I think red looks great on her, and I love the turtleneck-blazer combo, hence this outfit. 


I also picked some accessories that Lorelai wears more than once in the series suck as her necklace and handbag. Obviously there is a Luke's coffee cup because she loves coffee! coffee! coffee!



2. Chilton Drop-off: This is a forever iconic outfit of Lorelai, not because of the fit itself, but the story. It's Rory's first day at Chilton (a fancy private school) and Lorelai slept in. She forgot her dry-cleaning and had to make do with whatever she had in her closet; a pink gym shirt, cow boy boots and shorts. While fans agree it's not the prettiest outfit, the scene is too iconic to be left out. 



I did the same thing but added a couple little accessories like lip gloss and a cute starry necklace.

And, obviously, coffee!




3. Chilton Graduation: This outfit is the one Lorelai wears to her daughter Rory's high school graduation. It's bittersweet because Rory is growing up (and she breaks up with Jess) but Lorelai still looks fabulous. 


I love Lorelai's outfit in this episode because it's a lot more classy and formal than her usual choice of wear, but it still has a bit of playfulness because of the bright red colour. I added some red lipstick and I imagined what her shoes would look like. I also picked out a very "Lorelai" necklace. She tends to wear crystals and long, simple jewellery very often, so I selected a similar necklace. 




4. Gilmore's vow renewal: For those wondering what on earth a vow renewal is, it's when a couple basically has a second wedding to update their vows. This is exactly what Emily and Richard Gilmore did after their long separation. Their renewal, however, ended in a disaster after Emily persuaded Christopher to try and get back Lorelai. This made Luke think she was still in love with Chris, and causes them to break up. Lorelai stopped talking to Emily for months after this, even after Luke and Lorelai got back together. 

Lorelai wore a sparkly blue dress as bridesmaid for Emily, along with a dazzling magenta cover-up. While this look was certainly bold (and would be better without the shrug), she still looked great. This is kind of my idea of what the outfit would look like with more accessories and details. I wasn't sure if Lorelai had a purse of not, so I added a bling magenta one which perfectly matched the elegant vintage shrug. As for the shoes, we didn't get a clear view as to what Lorelai was wearing, but I assumed it went with the dress. I picked out glittery light blue heels with a playful ribbon attached to the back. This is quite a fun outfit, but at the same time formal enough to be a bridesmaid. 



5. Day at the Dragonfly Inn: This isn't exactly a "popular" Lorelai fit because it wasn't really in an important episode. I love this look for so many reasons, but mainly because it shows us that Lorelai Gilmore can rock millions of different clothing styles. 

   Here I didn't change much except for the heels and handbag that she wore ever so elegantly. She looked very smart and professional in these clothes, and I think it was a nice change. 




6. Lorelai paints Luke's diner: This is a very casual fit that shows us what Lorelai thinks a painter would wear. And the best part about Lorelai's sense of style is her impeccable ability to dress for any event (as long as it's not laundry day). We see this multiple times throughout the series, but especially in situations that Lorelai wouldn't normally find herself in. Here, she decided to paint Luke's diner at night, because she feels guilty for ghosting him when they planned to do this together. This was a big step in their relationship as friends, and their future relationship as lovers.



I tried to create a similar outfit with faded black jeans and a graphic t-shirt, and a playful purple bandana. I added a cute paint palette necklace and some sturdy Doc Marten boots. I love this outfit; it's creative, cute and such a "Lorelai" thing to wear. 






Bonus Outfit: Lorelai's Wedding Dress (Hypothetical)

Lorelai's Wedding Dress: Before I start doing this outfit, I'll just give you a bit of background information on Lorelai and her wedding (s). Lorelai is known for her independence and her ability to take care of herself. She has been engaged 3 times, and got married twice. The first time was to Max Medina, Rory's high school English teacher. They dated for a while and decided to get married when they realised dating was too complicated (maybe not the best move?). The weekend of their wedding, Lorelai went on a road trip and cancelled the wedding. Later in the series she revealed she never truly loved him. Next, she was engaged to Luke. They were truly in love and made for each other, but Luke was delaying the wedding in every way possible, so he and Lorelai broke up (for the 2nd time). A few weeks after they broke up, Lorelai got with Christopher (Rory's baby daddy), who has been in love with her for years. While vacationing in Paris, Lorelai and Christopher eloped, which shocked everyone. Christopher proposed to her when they were 16 after Rory was born, and Lorelai declined, which upset Richard and Emily (her parents) and they always said it was a mistake. Lorelai and Chris got a divorce, which showed us once and for all that Luke was Lorelai's best lover.
Luke and Lorelai got back together at the end of the series, and in the reboot, the got married. We didn't see her wedding dress, and I am really curious about it, so here I am imagining Lorelai's wedding outfit. 



Lorelai's style: Lorelai likes funky patterns, comical dresses that go well together. She likes flowers and tulle that make her look elegant yet princess-like. Many of her clothes include varied materials and unpopular colour combinations. So, without further ado, I present THE DRESS!!!!! 



When I say I wanted her dress to be perfect, I meant PERFECT. I unfortunately couldn't find the "perfect dress" like Lorelai did, but I still love this outfit.


Thank you guys so much for reading this article, and don't hesitat to follow me! Please tell my your opinion and ideas in the comment :) Have a great Summer! 


Love,
Sukritee 🦋
























Comments

  1. Heyyy ! I love this, the outfits are great, and you convinced me to watch these series !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiii! Thank you so much, I'm glad I convinced you to watch it, because it IS amazing. LOL <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween ! 👻🍭

My Wishlist 🎄

Harry Potter Stuff