Happy Halloween ! 👻🍭

 Hiya everybody (Cosma😂) !

 Happy Halloween ! How are you doing ? It is long since autumn in Paris, but where I live it is pretty hot all year long, and (I never thought I'd say this) I really want it to be gloomy and windy 😭 !!  I want to drink hot chocolate and wrap myself in a cosy blanket, but if I do that here, I will probably melt.

Today (as you must know) is Halloween ! A day dedicated to sweets and scary costumes, which sounds a bit like younger me's dreams. Did you know Halloween used to be a Celtic harvest festival called Samhain (Pronounced by the Gaelic as SAH-win) ? Yes, it's true, Halloween originated 2000+ years ago as a religious festival with bonfires and costumes to ward off ghosts. It was held on November 1st because people believed that on this day, souls of the dead would return to their homes, hence the costumes and bonfires.

Also, Halloween isn't actually an American festival. The practices were, most likely brought to America by Irish and Scottish immigrants, who traditionally celebrate this. This is because Halloween was actually started in pre-Christian Ireland. That's right ; The land of Leprechauns and the Weasley's hair is also responsible for Halloween. It was celebrated in medieval Ireland as the start of a new year (don't ask how November is a "new year", That's just what Wikipedia said).

Obviously, Halloween has evolved into a very different celebration. 

 A day where you scare people and take sweets from strangers (pretty weird if you ask me😂). Last year, I was Hermione Granger, and even if my costume looked TERRIBLE, I had so much fun. What were you for Halloween ? Anyways, thanks for reading my mini Wikipedia page on Halloween, happy Halloween !


Sukritee🦋

PS : How many times did I say "Halloween" in this post ??


Comments

  1. Salut ! Désolée de ne pas parler anglais sur ce commentaire mais je voulais être sûre que ce que je dis est juste ^^' ! Je viens juste de découvrir ton blog et il est super :) ! C'est trop cool que tu vives dans un pays étranger ^^.
    Et tu as dit Halloween 10 fois si je ne me trompe pas XD.
    J'essaierai d'écrire en anglais pour le prochain comm' que je posterai :).
    Bisous <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy ! I love your article ! And thanks for the history lesson 😜(just joking)
    Did you know that in Hong Kong, instead of asking for sweets, the kids actually hand out to other kids some candies ! It's so sweet 💖Happy Halloween, even if you don't feel cold 🎃(it's soooo gloomy out here, but I guess I do prefer this instead of sunshine;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! It's sooo sweet what they do in Hong Kong. I'm glad you had a good time :) Happy after Halloween to you too !

      Delete
  3. Salut ! Merci beaucoup, j'ai lu ton blog aussi et c'est super cool. C'est pas grave si tu veut pas écrire en Anglais, je parle Français.
    Ouais j'ai dit Halloween 10 fois XD.
    Merci beaucoup !
    Sukritee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hello! I love your content it's really great! Where I live it's also kinda hot... Anyway happy halloween (i know im a bit late lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! Thank you so much ! The hot weather isn't ideal for Halloween 😅

      Have a great week
      Sukritee <3

      Delete
    2. Well, in Canada, It was sooooo cold. But the sad part was that i didn't know how to make hot chocolate!

      Delete
    3. Hiii! I have cousins in Canada, and they told me it's freezing. Although, it isn't the same without hot chocolate XD. Thanks for reading :)

      Sukritee <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Wishlist 🎄

Harry Potter Stuff