'small' things that should be illegal (part 1)

 

Hey everybody ! 

How are you ? I'm sorry for my absence since Christmas (to my 3 readers, including myself), except for my Wonka page, which I'm not sure has published properly. I wish I had a good reason for not writing, like I was sick or travelling, but honestly, I just couldn't be bothered.


A few days ago I experienced something terrible and shocking while I was reading. Okay, not really, but I think it should be illegal. Maybe it is? I'm not sure. Anyways, I decided to make an article talking about somethings that are considered small, but are too annoying to be legal. I actually only have this one, but please tell me if you have some, I need something to write about ๐Ÿ˜…. 


So, this "mysterious" event is actually pretty simple. My parents took my brother and I to this office place as they needed to fill out some paperwork. I was really bored and was reading "Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse", which is really good, I totally recommend it. So, I have this thing where I need to get to the important bit of a book to get hooked (even with things like Harry Potter), then I love it. So I was getting to this part in my book, when I saw something shocking : there was a missing page!!! Not even a page torn off, but a printing error so that there was a very important page missing! I feel like this should be illegal and these are my *exaggerated* reasons: 





1. This ruins the reader's flow: When you read, you become more focused as the book goes on. By missing a page, the reader loses that flow and stops reading. This could discourage them from reading or continuing the book. By discouraging people (especially children) from reading, you have stopped them from developing a taste for a very valuable skill.


2. By stopping reading the book, the author is losing another reader, if this author is a new or unheard of author, this could cause them great losses. If someone doesn't finish their book, they likely won't recommend it to others, and this book will be unknown, even if it is worth reading


Solution: Obviously companies do not try to have missing pages in books, but it is still annoying. I think that if you have a missing page, you should be eligible to a compensation or a new copy of the book. If you bought your book from Ebay or Vinted, there isn't much you can do, but this should be the policy of shops like Fnac or Amazon. This is also because you payed for every page in that book, and you are missing one, meaning you are not getting your money's worth. 


Well, this was a bit of a speedy article, which I made sure was super exaggerated. Thank you so much for reading! Please tell me in the comments if you have had a similar experience, or if you know any other small things that should be illegal.


                                                                                                       Sukritee Scamander ๐Ÿฆ‹♡                                                                                                                                                                                                PS: I realized I have 4 followers ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿฅณ!!!!!!


Comments

  1. Your article really made me laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I know this is so annoying, once the FIRST page of a book was thorn out, then you don't understand anything, it really should be illegal !!
    LOL ๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Vive la revolution !

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween ! ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿญ

My Wishlist ๐ŸŽ„

Harry Potter Stuff