It's starting to look a lot like Christmas ๐ŸŽ„

 Hello & Bonjour,


I am extremely ready for Christmas (and presents) but I am stuck in a hot country, like I have mentioned before. I am staying with my grandparents, who don't live in the same country as I do, BUT they live in another hot country. Someone help me, it's too hot to be Christmas๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ. Although, it is nice to be with my family and stuff. I already posted my wish list but I made a few changes. I'll do an article about what I got after Christmas because I actually asked for more stuff than what I wrote ๐Ÿ˜…. Anyways, this article is some Christmas-y music, movies and treats. Let's go! 


My Christmas Playlist ✨

1. Snowman by Sia : This song has been on YouTube shorts a lot recently so I wanted to add it. It doesn't really help to get you in the Christmas spirit because it does sound a bit depressing but I like it. 

2. Underneath the tree by Kelly Clarkson : So, I'm subscribed to this channel called Jasmin and James, who just do some really cool dances on YouTube. They did a dance to this song a while ago and it's really Christmassy .

3. Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms : This is just a very obvious option which I love so much. It isn't Christmas unless I hear this song. ๐ŸŽตJingle bell, Jingle bell, Jingle bell rock๐ŸŽต. I think it's pretty old, too.

4. All I want for Christmas is you by Mariah Carey : I mean, do I even need to explain? You all saw this one coming. And the funny thing is I'm listening to all these songs as I'm writing about them. I'm listening to this song right now. 

5. Last Christmas by Wham! : This song is a lot more romantic and way calmer than the past few but, again, a classic. It's one of the songs that get stuck in your head for wayyy too long and you wish it would just go away.

6. Santa tell me by Ariana Grande : I only discovered this song last year but apparently it came out in 2014. I don't listen to Ariana Grande a lot in general but I did watch Victorious, which she is in. I think it was trending last year during Christmas, at least in my school in Paris. I think in YouTube shorts, too.

7. Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt : This song is really old, but my mum loves it and plays it every year. I also noticed that most of these songs involve the singers asking Santa Claus for stuff. The poor man needs a break ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿคฃ.

8. Rocking around the Christmas tree by Brenda Lee : I don't know what to say here.

9. Carol of the Bells by Lindsey Stirling : This song doesn't actually have any words but it is just nice to my ear. I think it is in many videos and films, too. It is a very popular tune to play in an orchestra or on the violin.

10. Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano : This is too popular to be explained ๐Ÿคฃ.



My Favourite Christmas Treats ๐Ÿช



1. Hot Chocolate : This is one of the most delicious drinks ever, and with some cinnamon and whipped cream it's just amazing beyond words. I love the ones which are thick and chocolatey with whipped cream.  I think it originated in Mexico because of the Mayans and Aztecs but it was a very bitter drink back then.



2. Apple Cider : This drink isn't actually Cider, but a drink made with apple juice, which is heated on a stove with some cloves and cinnamon sticks. It makes you feel lovely and warm inside. My friend's mom made it for us and I'm obsessed. I thought it was alcoholic when my friend offered it to me, but obviously not. 





3. Butterbeer : My friend Cosma sent us a recipe for Butterbeer with milk, chantilly cream, cinnamon and sugar and it was soooo good ๐Ÿ˜‹. This is the closest ever got to attending Hogwarts and it feels ✨ magical ✨. 




4. Ginger snaps : At this point, anything with chocolate or spices makes it to lists. But just imagine, you're in a cozy cottage next to a warm fireplace (and it's snowing outside), you're sat on an armchair and eating warm, soft ginger biscuits. That just sound outstanding (to me, at least). 





5. Marrons : I really love the warm chestnuts you get near the Seine which they are roasting. I also like the glazed ones but I prefer the plain ones. I am the only one in my family who enjoys this because it is very nutty and a bit soft, which my parents don't like. The ones on the street are just so lovely and warm, and the candied ones are so soft and sugary.

6. Flan : I remember when I was small my friend was trying to make me eat it but I thought it looked yucky so I said no. A few years later I had it and loved it. I think I like custardy stuff in general. I don't love the packaged ones, which my other friend had to convince me to eat. I think the syrup tastes a bit weird. 


My favourite Christmas films ๐ŸŽž๐Ÿ“ฝ

1. 48 Christmas wishes : This movie is about an elf called Mindy, who loses a whole town's Christmas letters to Father Christmas. She and her elf friend need to get back all 48 wishes by asking all the children what they want. They disguise themselves as humans (or what they think humans look like) to retrieve them before Christmas eve. 

2. Home Alone : I actually forgot this counted as a Christmas movie because I guess that isn't the main topic of the film. Anyways, a kid called Kevin is from a pretty rich and big family who are going on vacation. Because they were so stressed in the morning, they forgot Kevin at home. He spends some time partying with no adults but realizes that 2 thieves want to rob his house. He decided to put up a fight.

3. Miracle on 34th street : This 1994 film is about a child, Susan, and her mother who is a lawyer. They meet Kris Kringle (another name for Father Christmas), who says he is the real Santa Claus. To stop Kris from going to a mental hospital, they must convince the court that he is indeed the real Father Christmas. 


So, that's all I have to write today. Have a great break and merry Christmas ! What are you doing for the break ?

Sukritee ๐Ÿฆ‹♡



Comments

  1. Wahou, great article !
    First of all, I looove this chrsitmas spirit !!! Second of all, I discovered Jasmin and James recently and their Harry Potter dance is just incredibleeeee ! Third of all, this butterbear recipe is one of the things I am the proudest (even if I didn't invent it).
    And last of all, MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY NEW YEAR AND EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS AT THAT TIME OF YEAR !!!!!! ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ‡๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ€๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ…⭐✨๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so muchhh !! Jasmin and James are just amazing ๐Ÿ’– Happy New Year, Christmas, Winter, Holiday and everything else ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ…
    Lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween ! ๐Ÿ‘ป๐Ÿญ

My Wishlist ๐ŸŽ„

Harry Potter Stuff