Rating films that came out this year

   Rating films that came out this year :

Hello everybody ! How are you doing ? I am going to be writing about and rating some of the new films that came out in the cinema this year, even though some of them came out a while time ago. I hope this helps you figure out what to watch.




1. The Super Mario bros. movie: Summary - So, this movie talks about two plumbers, Mario and Luigi. When they were trying to fix a water pipe, they are transported through the pipe into a magical world. When they go through the pipes, Luigi is sent to the villain, Bowser's, lair. Then Mario, who is sent to the land of mushrooms, with the help of Princess Peach, tries to save Luigi and stop Bowser from taking over the magical land.

My Opinion - I think this movie was pretty good although it did get a bit boring at times. The storyline wasn't super interesting and I didn't feel the urge to see what happened next. Other than this, there were many funny scenes but nothing super special. This film was pretty good but I wouldn't insist on anyone watching it and I don't think I would like to watch it again. Overall I would give this film a rating of 6/10



2. Indiana Jones and the dial of destiny : Summary - First of all, this movie is the fifth (I think) in the Indiana Jones series and will also be the last. You don't need to watch all the films to understand because I didn't and I still understood it very well (maybe watch one or two for reference). So, it is the year of 1969 and Indiana Jones is 70 years old and is retiring from his position as an archaeology professor. The day he retires, he meets his God-daughter, Helena Shaw, who just got a degree in archaeology. He hadn't seen Helena in a really long time and they were finally in touch. They soon found themselves looking for the legendary dial of Archimedes while trying to beat a former nazi, Jurgen Voller to it. 

My Opinion: I think this movie was really good and very active and full of plot-twists. It was a bit long but I still found it really good. I love the character of Helena Shaw and it was very exciting. I suggest you watch it if you like this kind of thing. I watched it with my parents and brother and we all really loved it. I would give this movie a rating of 8/10



3. The Barbie Movie: Summary - I watched this movie 3 times ! Once with my nanny and brother in English, once with my best-friend and mom in French (sadly) and once with my mom, dad and brother in English again. This is how the film goes, Barbie lives in Barbie-land, living the perfect life with all the other Kens and Barbies, who are in charge of Barbie-land. One day, Barbie was having a-not-so-perfect morning which involved a cold shower, falling of her roof, thoughts of death and, worst of all, cellulite. She has to visit "weird Barbie", in her crazy house. She says Barbie has to travel to the real world and find the little girl who plays with her and make her feel happy. In this adventure (with Ken) Barbie learns about feminism, how the real world is and learns that women don't have a lot of power, like they did in Barbie land. 

My Opinion : This was an excellent movie which was very deep, but with a lot of humour involved. It spoke about feminism and the real world but wasn't too much to handle because it was still very quirky. I think this is a must-watch movie, even if you don't like Barbie. Overall I would rate this film 9/10.


Thanks so much for reading this ! Have a great week ! 
Sukriti🦋♡



Comments

  1. Good job for your first "true" article ! I watched only the Barbie movie and I liked it a lot (as I already told you ;)) ! Bye <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sorry I'm responding a month and a half later but I think I told you in person <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Halloween ! 👻🍭

My Wishlist 🎄

Harry Potter Stuff